Table of Contents
Television is known as the main means of entertainment. but do you know Who Invented the Television and types of Television. Earlier, when television did not exist, people used to entertain themselves by watching street plays and dances. But now we can sit at home through television and watch news with our family and enjoy serials and movies. Although the number of television viewers has decreased after the arrival of internet and mobile phones, television still remains the first choice of people in the name of entertainment.
Now the television has also become smart. We can access platforms like YouTube and Netflix on our televisions via the internet and also enjoy games. Along with entertainment, students can also attend online classes.
If you are fond of watching movies and serials on the big screen, then there can be no bigger means than television. It would not be wrong to call television one of the important inventions of the world. But do you know when and who invented this brilliant television? (Who Invented TV) If not, then read today’s article in full.
In today’s article, we will discuss about the invention of television and its history. So let’s go ahead and get started.
Who Invented the Television?
Television was first invented in 1925 by John Logie Baird. It was not named Television by John but The Televisor. He broadcast an image of a puppet called Sticky Bill in front of the people in this Televisor, which people liked very much.
When John went to the Office of the Daily Express newspaper to promote his invention, a funny incident happened there, as soon as the editor of the newspaper saw it, he was scared. But later he was very happy to see it and published it in his newspaper.
This television, made in 1925, was a mechanical television. After this, the first electronic television was made in 1927. It was invented by Philo Taylor Farnsworth. The television was publicly released by Philo on September 03, 1928. At that time Philo was only 21 years old.
This electronic television made by Philo was black and white. German scientist Werner Flechsig invented the color TV with shadow mask technology in 1938. This TV was first exhibited in 1939 during the World Fair in New York and international exhibitions in San Francisco and.
After this, many types of colored televisions were invented using different technologies. But until 1939, no television was sold publicly. In such a situation, the manufacture of televisions was started by The DuMont Company in the year 1939. By 1946, DuMont had become the world’s first, largest television network. The main purpose of this network was to sell televisions.
The first mechanical color TV was then developed by CBA Scientist, following the principle of John Logie Baird, as directed by Peter Goldmark. In 1946, Peter showed his color television to the Federal Communications Commission. After which in 1948, about 1 lakh televisions were sold in the US market.
As time went on, the technology of television also improved. Along with the size of the TV, there were changes in picture quality and sound. As a result, high quality TVs with LED and LCD technology exist in the market today.
Some Interesting Facts About the History of Television –
The discovery of television is the result of the hard work of many inventors, scientists and engineers in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Many inventors achieved technological breakthroughs, after which inventors used them to create a successfully working television system.
The first working television system that was designed was an electromechanical television, in which a motor-generator was used. Motor-generators are not used in all types of electronic television. I will share with you those interesting facts related to the history of television which have proved to be milestones in the invention of television.
- In 1884, the first electromechanical television was proposed and patented by Paul Julius Gottlieb Nipkow. Nipkow had never devised an electromechanical television model.
- In 1888, friedrich Reinitzer accidentally discovered liquid crystals. 80 years before the liquid crystal display was created, liquid crystals were a curiosity for scientists.
- In 1897, the first Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) was designed by Karl Ferdinand Braun.
- In 1925, the first working television was electromechanical, designed by John Logie Baird.
- In 1928, the world’s first successful color transmission was created by John Logie Baird. Electromechanical television was used to make it.
- In 1928, the world’s first electronic working television was designed by Philo Taylor Farnsworth. Electronic television systems do not use motor generators like electromechanical systems.
- In 1936, the world’s first analog high definition (HDTV or HD) regular service was introduced in britain.
- In 1964, the first working liquid crystal display (LCD) was created by George H. Heilmeier.
- In 1964, the first plasma display panel (PDP) was invented by Donald Bitzer, Gene Slottow and Robert Wilson.
- In 1972, the first active-matrix liquid crystal display (LCD) panel was created by Westinghouse.
- In 1977, the first true all LED flat panel television TV screen was developed by J. P. Mitchell.
- In 1982, the world’s first LCD TV watch was created by Seiko.
- In 1982, the first large-scale-produced pocket television was the Sony Watchman FD-210. The first flat CRT television during production was also the Sony Watchman.
- In 1988, the world’s first 14-inch color TFT LCD TV was developed by Sharp Corporation.
- In 1996, the first public digital HD TV was broadcast in the United States. It is officially understood in 1998. HD refers to the ability to show high-definition pictures of a television receiver.
- In 2008, the world’s first largest plasma TV was made by Panasonic. Which was a 150-inch large plasma TV. It was 6 feet high and 11 feet wide.
- In 2009, the world’s largest LED high definition video display screen, the Mitsubishi Diamond Vision Display, was built at Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Its width is 160 feet and height is 72 feet. And it has been named “Jerry Trone” after Jerry Jones, the owner of cowboys.
- In 2010, the world’s largest plasma 3D TV was created by Panasonic. Whose size is 152 inches.
- In 2010. The world’s first 3D LED HDTV was created by Samsung (Samsung 3D LED 7000).
Also, Reda: What is Computer – History, Features and Types?
How Many Types of Television are There?
Now we are going to tell you all here how many types of television are there. So if you also want to know its types, then for that you have to read the given information carefully.
There are five types of television. Whose names are as follows –
- CRT TV
- Plasma TV
- LCD TV
- LED TV
- OLED TV
1. CRT TV
CRT Television stands for Cathode Ray Tube. Cathode Ray Tube technology is used specifically to run this television, so it is called CRT television.
This vacuum tube projects electrons to the screen to create an image of anything.
2. Plasma TV
Plasma television was started in the year 1990. It was considered much better than CRT TV. It took a long time for such televisions to arrive.
In this, the television display is flat rather than CRT. Plasma television was very popular in India as soon as it came, later it was replaced by LCD and LED television, but it was also good television.
3. LCD TV
first of all, tell all of you the full form of LCD that its full form is Liquid Crystal Display and is also a type of television. In this, videos are shown using Liquid Crystal Display Technology.
These TVs are considered better than plasma TVs and these TVs are thinner than the rest of the TVs and at the same time their weight is also less than the rest of the TV.
LCD televisions are much thinner and lighter than similar display size cathode ray tubes (CRTs).
4. LED TV
The full form of LED is something like this – Light-emitting diode. It contains an organic compound, which emits light on television with the help of electricity. And we see videos as great quality.
LED television is dependent on the new technology of today’s time, and it is becoming quite famous among the people, its sales graph has increased rapidly.
5. OLED TV
OLED is also a type of television, and its full name is Organic light-emitting diode. It is also very similar to LEDs. This is exactly the form of LED. It contains an emissive electroluminescent layer (EEL).
Which turns the electric current into a color light and shows it on the television screen. Such screens are not only used in OLED television, but such screens are also used on computer monitors and smartphone screens.
In addition to technology types, television is also divided according to different categories. Such as curve TV and flat TV based on the screen.
Depending on the resolution, Full Hd TV (1080p) and 4K (2160p), Hd TV (720p), 8k Hd TV. Smart TV and Hdr TV, Voice Activated TV, etc. according to the features.
Q1) What is the Definition of Television?
Ans: Door Darshan is a telecommunication system through which visual and voice can be transmitted and received between two places. The term is also used for television sets, television programs and broadcasts.
Q2) What is the Full Form of TV?
Ans: The Full Form of TV – Television.
Q3) What are the Types of Televisions?
Ans: There are five types of TV, which are something like this. CRT TV, Plasma TV, LCD TV, LED TV, OLED TV
Q4) Who invented Television?
Ans: Television was invented by John Logie Baird on March 25, 1925.
I hope you liked my article “Who Invented TV”. I have tried my best to explain every information related to the invention of Televison in simple terms so that you do not need to go to any other website regarding this topic.
If you liked this information or got to learn something new, please share it on other social media networks like WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram etc.
What is ChatGpt – How Does It Work 2023
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI) – How does it work in 2023?